Site Inactive
Facebook
Membership
Guild Perks

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darkbahamut

re: Frankenstein

During my free time i almost always go to a talent calculator and experiment. I'm just throwing one of these for instance. http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=of0y0ofzxu0bZZVA0cRf0om
I would like some feedback on this from people that are pretty knowledgeable with mages and/or casters. Im sacrificing spell dmg for much more crit with this but most dmg from arc/frost is from crits=150% bonus crit dmg. I can always make up for the lost dmg w/ gems and gear, but if i try to make up for lost crit it takes too much out of my spell dmg to be effective gearwise.
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=of0E00fzLZxtMzfcc0eR
here is a fire link. I am a total mana whore and when I was fire i tended to screw myself over on it. These are just experimental so dont kill me for suggesting these. I personally am not a big fan of the 10/48/3 combo for fire, its not creative and just ordinary. so here is another fire build that i have made http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=of0E00fzZxtMzfcc0gRx. see the magic absorption doesnt look snazzy, but i have seen plenty of uses for it. In the raids that we are in now, almost all aoe damage is spell damage and almost all boss fights have aoe damage, so when youre getting 5% mana from resisting a spell, thats fucking awesome to me. Plus you get POM pyro. Sadly you lose 3% hit and mana cost from drawing away from the frost talent but you can always make up for the lost hit, and mana shouldnt be too much a problem most of the time.
If anyone is interested i would like feedback on at least one of the builds. I also banish any sarcasm from mattymoo. Darkbahamut has spoken.
Vituperate

Deep Fire is the easiest attained raid build to put out steady damage. POM Pyro is like a cute wannabe dps spec because it relies on your POM/AP/Pyro in order to do anything productive at all... in all honesty how often will you cast pyroblast in a 25 man. Frost is nice but too many people tend to cause more problems for a raid than help using this builds because they freeze targets in place, kill healers, and frost nova at retarded times.
Darkbahamut

well first off you have to be specced properly to even freeze w/ a frostbolt and i hardly ever use frost nova so the freezing part isnt an issue, and what imo from the fire build i made, it has most of the core dps talents in the tree and then you get 30% casting mana regen and then POM. Yes POM doenst make or break dps but if you use it properly every time it can make an impact. Idk i just like that fire spec b/c to me it has all you need and the rest of the stuff is just abilities that you can use for aoe and then some minor upage on dmg. Going back to the frost build, if you have a good amount of damage, then that frost debuff is super huge, giving you 10% added crit along with the arcane talent that gives you 3% more crit and dmg. I looked at it recently and decided taking one away from winter's chill should be fine and i gain arc power for major dps. You have a shitload of mana too so i think im gonna try the frost spec first and see how it goes once i come back.
Vituperate

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=oVMVc0fzxIziZZVV0sof0o

Arcane Frost IMO
Darkbahamut

thats pretty close to what i have for my current spec, but i was wanting to try adding something new by adding a good bit of crit. really the only thing that i am losing is that 25% spell dmg from int. The build that you mentioned, i would take out the wand spec, and arc impact and put those points into arcane absorption. As i said it doesnt look that great, but i have used it so many times and i find its very useful. Every time i resist i get about 500 mana each time. Plus the objective of arc/frost is to only use frost. I dont really need to worry of running out of mana with the spec so i dont need to use wands and then again you only use frostbolts with the spec so the arcane impact is useless except for aoeing, and if it was for a certain boss where all i did was aoe, then i would do that, or get improved blizzard instead.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DoG Forum Index -> Raids All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: