In-Game Rank 0

re: What nights should we raid?

Hey guys!

Here are our current raid times:

Friday: 10PM
Saturday: 10PM
Sunday: 9 PM
Monday: 9 PM

I would like to add a 5th night to our 25 man raid schedule mid week. At that point I'd like to start cycling the weekend raid/s and this raid every other week to give guys a chance to raid each instance whether they can specifically make weekends or not.

Please post what night of the week would be best for you if any.

This week we will keep raid times/whatnot the same as usual, and have open signups. After the new night is added signups will be required to be part of the loot system in our raids.

Last edited by slay13 on Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

In-Game Rank 6

currently the best night for me would be Thursday, but if it were on any other day i would try to make sure i was on, but i wouldn't have any guarantee
redneckloger
In-Game Rank 2

i can get on almost any night... there are times that i wont be albe to make it IE. last weekend i had a friend up for the weekend and couldnt get on wow. but i cant stay up too late on weeknights for i work and i cant be tired at work.. i might cut things off again
Isasuke
In-Game Rank 4

Ya well I can't Raid to much on week days unless we start Pretty early which i doubt. But i can't Wiat till summer THEN WE ARE ALL SET FOR OLAR THE PALLY TANK OF AWESOMENESS!!!!!!

VOTE FOR OLARN
Biff Rocku

Yah i can't stay on much on weekdays either, but during the summer i'm the same way... <-----no life

I am usually good with doin the late night raids on the weekends, but weekdays are kinda iffy for me. I am willing to stay up(max) 1 p.m. server and then i gotta vamoose. Im sure weekdays are pretty iffy with most of our other raiders as well, so i suggest that we do one of the much shorter raids, or easier ones to do so we dont have to stay up late for it. Either that, or we clear the first boss(es) or two during the week and then finish it up later. With that method tho, it'll be hard to have the exact same people we had that first night, but if its the only way, then so be it. IMO, i think we should rape alar on a weekday, and if we have time, get solarian or VR(preferably VR, for we are still learning how to do it w/o the VRA). I dont really know much at all about the SSC raid to make any suggestions, so ill leave that to someone else. We should have no excuse for not getting at least started on a raid on friday or saturday nights after clearing the already planned one. We have a great group of guys here, and I think that we have a good raid team makeup. Just tryin to throw some insight out there, which will probably be thrown right back :P

P.S. Dark needs heals and mark!
Ugdhar
In-Game Rank 2

I don't think knocking out 1 boss in 1 night in TK/SSC each during the week is a bad idea. This would shorten our time in there during the weekend for attempts on other stuff as well, and 1 boss should theoretically not take TOO long.

As long as it's planned out a bit, I can pretty much show up for anything, with a lil notice.
Grenn
In-Game Rank 4

I think killing 1 boss a night in SSC or TK is a good idea.

It'll free up time on the weekends for us to tackle the stuff we haven't done yet, or haven't done a lot yet.

We've consistently had enough people on each night around 9 or 10 pm to put together a semi-solid 25man raid group. For about the same amount of time we'd spend doing a heroic instance we could all be in TK or SSC together killing the bosses we're experienced with, ie. Al'ar, Hydross, Lurker, Solarion, Leo, and Void Reaver. If we started at 9 or 10pm each night we could go till midnight and get atleast 1 if not 2 bosses done everynight of the week. For those of us with day jobs midnight is about the latest we really WANT to be online, most of us are willing to stay past 1am, but it's not something we look forward to since we lose quite a bit of sleep doing so.

For those of us able to raid earlier than 10pm we could start running Kara for a couple hours each night, kill 2 bosses then head to the 25man raid when that starts. I know Kara doesn't hold much in the way of gear that many of us need, but it's easy badges and there's no reason we shouldn't full clear it with atleast 2 groups each week. Our other option would be to assemble a ZA raid to start each day at 7 or 8pm. Those of us that know what we're doing can full clear ZA in about 2-3 hours with the proper group. We've got the gear and the experience to consistently get atleast the first 2 timed chests, if not the first 3, the bear mount will likely stay out of our reach for a while yet.

The main problem with these ideas though is our guild's lack of dedicated healers. Many of our healers are alts or don't get online till very late, which is why we always start raids at 10pm, yet we very rarely actually start RAIDING at 10. We usually end up sitting around till 11pm or so waiting for specific people to log on so we have the healers for what we're doing. We have plenty of dps and tanks but we always come up short on heals and people end up having to swap to their alts so the raid can get underway. This is a drain on not only the person forced to switch, but also on the rest of the guild since we end up starting late and feel rushed to get things finished quickly. If we could find a couple more healers that are online earlier then we could start raiding when we're supposed to and everyone would be happier for it.

In-Game Rank 3

tuesdays! any other time i usually can't get on 'til 10:30 or later. work is awesome.
Ugdhar
In-Game Rank 2

Obviously not Wednesday

And when Matty's not on, everyone becomes a mewling infant
Vituperate

I can raid Sun-Saturday though on days I work I get off at 10:30-11 Server Time I always have Wednesday off
The True Telarien

My time-zone screws me on this one, I'm 13 hours ahead of servertime... I can be available 5am - 10am on weekdays (Sunday - Thursday nights)... If its a short enough raid that I know will go on time, I might be able to get in an hour, maybe an hour and a half in the 10:30pm - Midnight range during the week (Sunday - Thursday nights)

Current weekend raids are perfect for me

Friday night server = Saturday (daytime) for me,
Saturday night server = Sunday (daytime) for me.

The Sunday night raids are during my Monday so i'm at work unless I come for only an hour on my lunchbreak.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DoG Forum Index -> Raids All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: