Site Inactive
Facebook
Membership
Guild Perks

View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Rakusimoo- A.K.A. TRAVIS
In-Game Rank 3

re: Group 3 Za

Ok so Im getting anxious!!! Im trying to set up a 3rd ZA group to run the first couple of bosses for now. If you arn't in a ZA group yet or have and alt in one, then let me know. I have already got a bunch of hits "in game" about it so post your availabilities so we can get this going. Remember if your posting for an alt, to plan around your main raiding schedule. I'm kinda thinking of an earlier raid on Friday/Saturday/Sunday but weekday nights work well for me too if we got the guys to do it.

So far people showing interests are:

Tank- Hotvariation
Gorfin
Olar

DPS- Galasmus (Amen's Mage)
Zipgun (If Korkee is not on)
Darkbahamut
Satsora
Desmuri (Eli's alt...can OT if needed)

HEALS- ieasedyh (Hyd's pally)

*Days and times (server) would be greatly appreciated! thx guys...lets get this going!!!

as far as i understand we are only doin one grp now... so again i think both of my guys are good to go unless i hear otherwise.. i dont know though i havnt been on much and nobody really tells me if i am goin or not unless i am online right at the time shit is happening
The True Telarien

Hey Hot! Thanks for being my arena buddy tongue out I love my new S2 spellblade soooooooo much!! (Thanks to Necro too for helping me with arena too!)

I would love to get in ZA with you if it runs around my times... Weekdays I can be on 3-5 am and 7-9am. Weekends, any time after our guild does 25 mans works for me.
Garr

I would love to be able to get in ZA. I´d be up for starting from square one. Druid is feral again finally, and having run heroics and gotten all the decent badge gear as well as gotten a decentish weapon drop from Karazhan for the mage... I´m anxious to get to hacking away at some new stuff. Probably wont be easy, thinking back on my old feral when I ran ZA, but hell.... either sit around bitching or get moving. ZA isnt gonna fall out of the sky, land on your face and wiggle.. so I´m down for it damn near any night of the week or weekend. Farming, quests and Karazhan badge runs can be horribly boring....and sometimes things don´t seem to happen as fast as you wish they might..so lets go. Not much to loose really.. Chris
Yongary/Dilemmachine
In-Game Rank 3

so wait...you mean...amentoth lives?! that mage of yours is a monster already i tell ya.
Garr

Looks like Healers are needed still. So all the people groaning about not getting into za come on. I´d really love to get in there this century so we need to cough up some healers somehow if at all possible
Biff Rocku

I would love to get in on a 3rd ZA group, but i'm taking a break from W.o.W. for a month so i can get started with track. When i'm back i'll be able to raid a lot more on Friday's and Saturdays tho (basketball season will be over). So if you still need a dps by the time i'm back lemme know!
slay13
In-Game Rank 0

We've been trying to run a 2nd group for the past 3 weeks and have only been able to do so about 2 times thus far. The best thing in my mind you guys can do, is to be online more during the evenings, and consistantly throughtout the week if at all possible.

With ZA, the resets are offset compared to the numbers of days in the week (ie 3 day za reset = 9 days for 3....7 days in a week ect)..so in contrast to kara..it is much more difficult to plan raids for as the days we raid change from week to week.

As such, i rarely invite guys to the raid that I don't see 2 consecutive nights in a row at the same time during the week. Otherwise someone gets invited..which has happened many times before, then doesnt come back the subsequent night to finish the instance, and we are forced to save multiple guys to the same raid. Saving more than 10 or close to 10 guys to a 10 man raid wastes our potential as a guild to run multiple groups.

For in my mind right now...for a successful za run..you need this..

1 main tank ( can be prot war_pally or feral)

1 Offtank (preferably feral druid as there are only 2 fights bear/cat where its needed, and only another where its partly needed Hex lord)

3 Healers- One must be a CoH priest. We've found it to be the only reasonably easy way to get past Hex lord thus far without either buying xpensive shadow resist potions for everyone, or everyone wearing resist gear do to the HpS output of CoH in comparison to the shadow vollies coming in during that fight. THe other 2 healers could be pretty much anything.

1 Shadowpriest- This can be gone without for some of the fights, but we havent been able to get past hex lord without shadows mana regen, that fight is that heal intensive for the priests.

1 Class that can interupt hex lord- This is a tricky one and really an ele/shaman or enhance shaman is the only guarenteed spot for this role. On hex lord..he is constantly casting heals, and a rogue is often forced out of interupt range by things like whirlwind/consecrate/totems/traps and other various assorted acts of stupid.

3- Other dps. Its hard to say which dps is optimal for this, generally i'd say go with mages first, as their dps is pretty solid, and their AoE/CC is much needed here. Also though there are fights where melee can tend to shine as well, and really 2 melee/non caster dps is needed if you plan on beating zul jin at all.

Also it is important that there is at least 1 paladin in the raid as an AoE tanker for various parts in the dungeon jan'alai and bird hill ect. This paladin can be prot/holy/ret..any of them are fine for this role. If you choose to have a prot pally tanking..they can do this, or a holy pally can when needed assuming your other 2 healers are strong enough to 2 heal the dragonhawk fight until the paladin is freed to heal. The main 2 fights where paladins are NEEDED imo is jan'alai and Zul jin. Jan alai for the add tanking..and Zul Jin for their potential bubbling of class' during the cat phase. I'd assume we could bypass this though with a warlocks SS..and 2 Battlerezz's but it'd be much more risky and luck based to get past that phase and hoping that he doesnt attack certain guys.

In-Game Rank 6

I'd do it, I'll switch over to holy if there is an absolute need for me too, i'm usually on weekend nights before the big raids, monday and wednesday nights, and friday nights
Rakusimoo- A.K.A. TRAVIS
In-Game Rank 3

Matty,
Thank you for you post on what the group makeup actually needs for a successful run... I am trying to get this together and We are doing pretty good...I started this group because it seems even for group 2 I dont get invites....Believe me I am logged in when you start some of your runs...Anyhow it doesn't really bother me too much as there isnt any tank gear for me out of ZA.... I have only ran with you guys one time in ZA, and i would like to go a few more times so that i can learn the fights much better to make this 3rd group work....Afterall it will help in guild progression if we get more guys with higher content gear....So perhaps you can roll me into the group this week in place of laz, rep, or yon. I have been working more dilligently on my dps gear so it will be loads better than last time. Thanks

Also just an update on the 3rd ZA group......We do need more healers....I would really hate to have to go to the friends list and grab healers as that loot would be lost and not beneficial to the guild...but friends would be better than PUG's....I am going to give it one more week for guys to sign up so send me a post on this site or "in-game" mail. Beyone that if you have and healers in mind that are friends perhaps then have em mail me their times of availability and anything that stands out (ie. +heals =2,000, fully epicd...that sort of thing)....thanks guys we are almost ready to set the times and give it a shot!

HOT

*Bolded names are the players that are pretty much open to run and not restricted/ raiding on alts....as this group may very well overlap some of the other groups schedules*

TANKS
Hotvatiation
Gorfin
Olar

DPS
Necropulan (Shadow spec)
Zipgun (Interupts - If Korkee isnt on)
Galasmus (Amen's Mage)
Darkbahamut
Satsora
Desmuri (Eli's alt...can OT if needed)
Nephilyz (Friend of mine *rogue*.......Willing to replace him if we can get a guildie in the mix)
~Need a ele/enhance shammy for interupts!

HEALS
Hyd's pally
~Need CoH priest!
~Need 3rd heals!

[/u]

I would love to get in on a 3rd ZA group, but i'm taking a break from W.o.W. for a month so i can get started with track. When i'm back i'll be able to raid a lot more on Friday's and Saturdays tho (basketball season will be over). So if you still need a dps by the time i'm back lemme know!
I'll be back after spring break. It will be about 3-4 weeks so i WILL be back! I'm very interested in going and will be more available for raids when i come back. twisted wink tongue out Happy tongue out confused twisted twisted
sagi

re: me too

what is going on with this group? I would love a slot cause I want those nasty sword drops!!! I need to raid havent done it enough. please contact me in game and let me know what the deal is!!!!

sagi

i'll take Neph's place as DPS rogue. Im a guildie LOL.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DoG Forum Index -> Raids All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: