Site Inactive
Facebook
Membership
Guild Perks

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Drop Mt. Hyjal this week in favor of BT?
Yes
33%
 33%  [ 3 ]
No
66%
 66%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 9

Ugdhar
In-Game Rank 2

re: Drop Mt. Hyjal in favor of BT?

We've been sucking. HARD. Between people not showing, people running in avoidable damage, bailing when it gets rough, etc. We been doing SHITTY, plain and simple (damn GG last night on Illidan tho, really).

So, we were talkin' about maybe ditching Hyjal as a scheduled raid, and I was curious to see what the masses thought.

Hyjal is still T6 loot that we can use to help gear us up for SWP.

I'd be all for making it a 1 night event instead of spreading it out, but after this week's performance I'd be hesitant to try it

In-Game Rank 0

The reason it has been split into 2 nights is because of the differences in raid makeup that is required to defeat archimonde in contrast to that which is required for which to take on the other 4 bosses.

The rest of MH can be healed easily with 7 healers...of any makeup, and generally required 1 paladin tank and at least 2 other OT's, we usually do with 3 OT's. Also other than the paladin..the other tanks can really be just about anything.

However when you get to archimonde...the fight is pretty specific for what works and what doesnt. Main tank usually has to be a warrior due to the fear mechanic unless you are juggling fear wards on the bear/pally, which then of course is leaving your healers up in the air for fears.

Also any other tanks are not needed for this fight, and thus the 3 other tanks we needed to get to this point are dead weight once we get here.

Also you are saddled with needing at least 3 dispellers (mage/druid), and we have never completed this fight with less than 3 shaman for tremor totems, ideally more.

So really the point i'm getting to is...we stop BT at the 4th boss because up until BB you don't require a very specific group...while BB does need a certain group makeup to complete. Same with the first 4 in MH, while archimonde is specific. So its easy to run the first part of MH then go onto BB by just picking up another tank or healer as opposed to having to drop off 5 members of the raid..and expect to have those spots filled by either healers/shaman/mages or whatever is required.

people still need stuff from archy and some t6 gloves. But, I can see how the raid schedule is paying a pretty big toll on some of the guys so they want to bail early. I started to feel that way for awhile when I used to raid more. If people dont need stuff from MH then just do some BT during the week and take a day or two off to either just do something for shits and giggles or just take a break.

I think the whole process of raiding is just becoming monotonous because the clearing of bosses, to me at least, feels like work. I personally vote for just BT if people are as worn out as I speculated, but if that isnt the case then its probably because Im not there for why you guys are sucking. :D
Kippie02

I think it would be more practical to have Hyjal at the end of the week maybe Monday/Tuesday. That way we can have the whole week to do BT and go into Sunwell. Then have Hyjal up for sign ups and if alot of ppl are still interested in Hyjal on Monday/Tuesday.
Ilpalazzo

I see absolutely no reason to cut out Hyjal from the line up. As far as I know people are still using vetoes in there, which means that the loot is still desirable and we should absolutely still be running it.

I didnt raid at all last week, mostly because I was out of town but also because I had gotten a beta invite and was excited to try it out. However, if people not grasping fight mechanics was the cause of your wipes this past week, then thats all the more reason to be doing Hyjal as most of the fights rely heavily on people understanding placement and their role and is a great way for people to get better at using their situational awareness.

If people dont understand the fights and how they are done, I dont think devoting an extra two days to wiping is going to solve the problem. We have already proven we can down Illidan and still have two days left over for Sunwell or whatever. As it stands, there are really only two things that could have been holding you back, undergeared players or unattentive players. Cutting Hyjal out of the rotation doesnt solve either problem.

Sorry if my thoughts are a bit cluttered. I typed this up kinda fast.
Isasuke
In-Game Rank 4

I think what we should do is put it at like a Sunday Monday slot so if we need we can not go and finish BT. I personally still need Archi but will prolly never go due to school T-T or maybe we could stick it all in on one night like a Sunday or Monday. Also having Niriti tank HS on his pally allows him to switch over to a mage so he can DPS and there are a lot of ppl with alts and crap like that.

VOTE FOR OLARN
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DoG Forum Index -> Raids All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: