Site Inactive
Facebook
Membership
Guild Perks

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Repentia

re: Nightbane Strat For Our Strange Tanking Combo

Paladins tanking nightbane

Alliance paladins, same as before but with fear ward, horde paladins can still tank nightbane perfectly smoothly as long as the following modification is made:

Everyone MUST stand in for the fears, but outside cleave distance. This means that when the fear hits everyone is feared, and nightbane will continue to attack the tank as he is highest on agro out of the feared targets. Sometimes he will go for a totem instead, but that doesn't really matter.

Remove all fear resistance buffs from everyone bar the tank, Shadow resistance buff, Mark of the wild etc.

Make sure you have one preferably two tremor totems down in the tanks group. This means that the fear will break quickly and reduces the risk of someone dying to an unlucky resist.

If due to some unlucky charred earths people have to stand outside of the fear range, then you should use Blessing of Protection on yourself when nightbane starts casting his fear, it will prevent it from affecting you. Make a macro so hitting the key again removes it and be sure to remove it as soon as the fear casting finishes to keep nightbane on you. Save your PvP trinket and Bubble for breaking fears when someone resists if you can.

For the air phase you can cast a HolyWrath to pick up all the adds, then AoE tank them will they are DPSed down. Make sure you get in position for nightbane landing in good time though, spamming exorcism on him so you pick him up as soon as he lands.

If you follow this instructions nightbane can be tanked perfectly smoothly with no deaths as a horde paladin.

Source if you want to read up on the fight: http://www.wowwiki.com/WoWWiki:Sandbox/24#Paladins_tanking_nightbane
I don't see why we can't do this, or at least try it. We have an odd group sometimes, but have always made it work. If we're scared of ppl being too close and getting cleaved, keep Amentoth 2nd on threat. We can do this guys.

Forum Image

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of themself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the Rule of Honor.
Ugdhar
In-Game Rank 2

re: Nightbane Strat For Our Strange Tanking Combo

M-O-O-N, that spells I'm in!
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DoG Forum Index -> Raids All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: