Site Inactive
Facebook
Membership
Guild Perks

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Isasuke
In-Game Rank 4

re: Kael Ideas

I, Olar feel there are a few things we can change to help us on our kael attempts some are easy some not so much. Also we need the same group EVERYTIME! It will help with the down time

1) Too many people die on Thaldred. an easy way to avoid this IS TO PAY ATTENTION!

2) I think we should misderict the fear warrior to the tank this uses up his first fear as he is running over so less stance dancing and more threat so people wont die but still watch your threat!

3) We need two tanks on the first phase to eat the conflags Laz is usually doing this and i started too on our last attempt.

4)The tank of the eng can jump around the target to avoid the bomb damage and also our rouges can go in if there smart.

5) On the weapons mainly just watch your threat and Don't Split DPS we DPS em down in this order Mace first, staff, Daggers, Sword, Then Shield till the adds are back.

6) All our hunters should be killing the bow Try to burn asap then they will kill the shield then Axe That axze has to be dead if you want me to pick up birds ( you will understand later) or another tank can taunt it off me During that phase.

7) I believe we can stick our rouges on Thal I can easily avoid his gaze if u back out right before the cool down is up so this may help us drop him faster and dont be afraid to use sprints on this if he targets you.
8) WE DPS them down in this oreder Range kill thal popping all rea
ming Cool Downs or ones that are now of CD. While melee is on the Warrior then range goes to the engineer and if melee can get in and not die they should help as well then after he dies or when Kael spawns (whichever is first) melee switches to kael while range finish the adds.

9) I can handle the birds they do Damage to themselves that will end up killing them Its not too high of damage an easy 1 heal job We just have to Kill the eggs so there aren't 20 Birds at once.

10) When Kael uses his shield and starts pyroing EVERYONE needs to switch to DPS mode even the healers if they have the mana to do it they are the only people who have an excuse.

These are just some ideas if you have anymore just post em here! We are so close i can already feel that ring on my finger!

VOTE FOR OLARN
slay13
In-Game Rank 0

I agree with most of these olar, thx for posting.

As for the birds, i didnt really see how hard they hit you, but if theres not too many then i don't see a problem with it.

I disagree with rogues on the engineer, he doesnt do much to thunder that 1 healer can't heal and also heal the guys still up on the stairs. To me...it seems like putting guys in harms way when its not needed...they can hit the paladin without any risk of getting hit back.

As far as melee on the warrior...idk...i'd try it...but seriously...we've all been to leo, and seen how much dmg can be done in 10 seconds downtime inbetween something thats going to kill you..and its really not that much if you plan on getting away in time. I'd be game to try it...but i dont think its needed. We did it without melee on saturday and it worked just fine.

If range is having a hard time going all out on him while playing safe to not get smoked inbetween gazes..i dont think that melee would fair any better.

In-Game Rank 4

The birds weren't do that much i ended up dying by an MCed person when i had 3 on me and was only catching some off heals every now and then but i was popping CDs to try and stay up. they hit an average of about 1k and their highest was bout 5k but that is when im moving them that aura hits hard! Its like tanking the axe!

VOTE FOR OLARN
Darkbahamut

i found that thaladred was going down way too slow and from what bosskillers says, a tank should get the dagger magic debuff on him by just following him around. Its certainly something we could try b/c thal is the biggest threat and needs to be taken down very fast. Also every strat i have read keeps saying for melee and hunters get on the engineer b/f people go to sanguinar. It doesnt exactly say how to avoid the bomb dmg but i heard marn saying last night that it isnt too difficult to dodge that dmg. So maybe we should try that as well.

Now the weapons we were kinda off and on w/ how well we did w/ them. Again every strat i have read says that wait about 15 sec for tanks to pick up threat on the wpns and aoe the shit out of em excluding the axe and bow, while melee focuses on the mace then staff then shield i think to even it out w/ the aoe dmg.

Ideally by going w/ this strategy at least sang should be close to or be dead when kael comes into play. Then melee hops on kael and casters finish off the capernius chick. By the time kael spawns a chicken or shock barrier's, all adds should be down. Idk if we have a tank with FR gear or not but what it says in bosskillers is to have a tank w/ about 150-200 FR unbuffed to first: eat the conflags in phase 2 and then when kaels spawns his chickens, second: intercept the chickens and pull them from the raid. The phoenix should be moved to a designated area and casters need to get the fuck away from it and focus all dps on kael b/c the phoenix kills itself after about 20 sec. The phoenix should be tanked about 20 yds away from kael in order for melee to dps down the eggs when the time comes. If a second phoenix is spawned just have a huntard MD to the phoenix tank. If the phoenix tank is MC'd then have a rogue or another prot warr and pop him out of the MC for the chickens move slow. We had a lot of trouble w/ keeping up w/ the phoenixes and eggs so having an FR tank would prob help tremendously on the fight. Also only one healer should be fine on the FR tank.

Now for MC, BK says that prot warriors should be on MC duty, by intercepting and chain hamstring w/ the dagger. Rogues can also do this. If cc would help w/ the mc then mages should be on sheep duty.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DoG Forum Index -> Raids All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: