Site Inactive
Facebook
Membership
Guild Perks

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crazy.Insane

re: ZA timer - DoG on Bear Action??

We are getting to the point where we can start making some serious attempts at the ZA timed run. In fact, I believe we are more than geared enough in order to do this. The plain fact is that we need our best 10 people in there in order to accomplish it. I’ve been reading up on the strats and think that we can get this no problem. We have never gotten the third timer, so I can see the issue of rings possibly being a problem because if we really want to get this, we can’t spend any time on loot. I think the best way to do it is: have loot set to group loot, have a designated DEer GREED on EVERYTHING, anyone who needs simply need, everyone else just pass. We can’t spend time figuring out if people want to veto on it. Also, pretty much everything I’ve read on the EJ forums says to leave the chests until you are done the timer, meaning you either succeed or you don’t.

As far as healers, I think we can do it with 2 IF people are smart and avoid damage when possible, not break cc, not pull aggro etc. We all need to be on the same page and everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, needs to know what to do, when to do it as well as what things to avoid. For example, when doing the trash going up to dragon boss, we see a scout, roots gets resisted, no one else stuns him and he gets to the drums. We need to do everything we can to save time. This can even mean waiting 7 seconds for a pat to get far enough away from the drums to root or stun him because that can be better than pulling him quickly, having him spawn friends, which can take 30 or 40 seconds to kill. It may not seem like a lot, but until we have 10 minutes left on the timer after kill all 4 bosses, we need to take everything we can get.

I found a good video of a timed run that shows the entire run while the narrator clearly explaining what’s going on and why they are doing what they do. I think with some time and coordination, we can start getting some bears to match our soon to be t6 sexiness (which some of us already have). Let me know your thoughts.

EJ forums, lot’s of good info in here. Some of it I don’t agree with but some good points are made.

http://elitistjerks.com/f15/t20104-za_timed_run/

The vid... check it out

http://files.filefront.com/EJZA+Speed/;9422101;/fileinfo.html
Str1der

Honestly, I've been thinking the exact same. We have the skill and the gear to actually pull this off. I see no reason why we don't give it a try atleast once every time ZA resets. Let's perfect it, and make it an art. I know damn well I'd be more than willing to devote the time to helping in this cause. Happy
Ishmindu

I WOULD be down but for serious...... As in we need to craft a group based on getting the timers.
Not going to help if we just pussyfoot around with this too
Ive also looked at all this "bear mount" stuff before... we are fully capable.
The True Telarien

So when are we looking to do this? I just got moved to the night shift at my work which will actually allow me to make it to weekday raids!! I'll have to leave by 12:30pm probably so that gives me 3 hours if this happens in place of normal raids.

If it goes after normal raids on the weekend, I'd be down for that too. If you guys can get any use out of me, I'm in! (Not to mention, there are a couple regular things out of there I still want - Hood of Hexing, Hex Shrunken Head)
Finaljustice

I'd be more than down to offtank for it. Just don't have me mark targets and I'll bring crap loads of pots to reduce downtime. We can more than definately do it we had it that one time but I got MC'ed and lynxes ate the raid. Live and learn. I have to have main agro on beast tamers. I pretty much know the trash except what to mark on the bear trash. Easily done for us.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DoG Forum Index -> Raids All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: