Site Inactive
Facebook
Membership
Guild Perks

View previous topic :: View next topic  

How do you think the shards should be handled?
Open roll?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Healers only?
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Healers & Casters?
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Whoever has best attendance/benefit the guild most..but healers only?
72%
 72%  [ 13 ]
Whoever has best attendance/benefit the guild most..both healers & casters?
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 18

slay13
In-Game Rank 0

re: Val'anyr, the Legendary mace input/discussion thread

Hello all,

With Ulduar going live today, I am going to have to make a decision as to the distribution of the shards for Val'anyr, the Legendary mace will work.

Please give what input, feelings, and suggestions as to how this will work and I will make a dicision with what is the most fair, as well as best for us as a guild to get us as many as possible.

In-Game Rank 0

Here are a few relevant threads with discussion about how to distribuite the shards for any that are clueless to what the hell I am talking about...

http://www.talesofapriest.com/2009/04/valanyr-loot-assignment-woes.html

http://www.wowinsider.com/2009/04/12/how-to-decide-whos-getting-valanyr/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alot of my concerns with this mimic the problems discussed in the first link. Primarily..

A) This is a legendary mace that is constructed from either 30or40? shards that are dropped off of Ulduar25? raid bosses, not a simple drop such as the swords from illidan.

This causes a problem, because..while yes alot of the same issues apply... if as a guild we choose to random roll these shards..then we most likely will not see even a single one of these maces.

This makes me think..that while I think that for most situations I am OK with random rolls against active guildies..i think that if we simply do a /roll off..we are opting out of ANY one getting a single mace...when we most likely will have multiples eventually.

B) The mace has a healer based Proc.

I think that this should be given to a healer. While it isn't an overpowering proc, if it were a trinket/ect it would be no question that this is a healer item, even though, as with trinkets...a caster could use as well.

As with the shards of azzinoth..even though a prot warrior could use it...i think it wasn't even a discussion that it was made for a dps class..as this is also made for a healer class.

Please discuss this point and how you all feel about it.

C)Attendance

Due to the fact that so many drops is needed, if someone gets 20/40 drops..and then stops playing..those shards are as good as gone. Or if someone gets drops..but only shows up to 1/2 the raids...this will cause us taking double the time to get this mace or multiples. I think that logically attendance should play some issue..please also discuss this point.

Quote:
Val'anyr Hammer of Ancient Kings - Equip Effect - Your healing spells have a chance to cause Blessing of Ancient Kings for 15 seconds allowing your heals to shield the target absorbing damage equal to 15% of the amount healed.

Even if this is +100, +150 spell power to the best caster/healer {mace}, the proc is too powerful to concievably give to a caster dps (as much as myself and other dps type peoples might want it). If all mace-wielding regular-attendance healers have [or don't want] the mace, I imagine it's best in slot for a caster dps too.

In conclusion, if there are healers who consistently attend a large majority of raids.. shards should go to them before any DPS.

Thunder.horn

i say go with a +/- system (unfortunately someone will need to keep track). when we kill a boss all healers alive at the end of the fight get +1, all dead get a -1 and a wipe is 0. (top heal could even get an extra +1)

This way attendance and performance both play a factor in your score.

Whoever is in the raid with the highest score at the time it drops gets it. If people are tied they roll

Healers first then casters...

VOTE FOR OLARN

If we go healers based off of attendance, who else would be in the running besides Matty and myself?

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Cuomo

Anonymous wrote:
If we go healers based off of attendance, who else would be in the running besides Matty and myself?

Myself... as in "Cuomo". Sorry, it logged me out and posted it as a guest.

it makes no sense to open roll the shards. if that is done, then DoG will never see a single one completed.

it's probably a good idea to determine 1-3 healers that are dependendable and consistently beneficial to the raid, and have said healers roll between each other. that way, the building will be more concentrated, and we just might see a few crafted. also, by consolidating the distribution of shards, we get maces quicker and there will be more happy raiders. it's a lot better of a situation than say, "Arrrg, I have only 28 shards to go," as many would be grumbling about if we spread it out. and that would be the case for quite some time, as many people aren't so consistent raiders, and we'd probably end up giving shards to those that aren't there all the time.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DoG Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: