Site Inactive
Facebook
Membership
Guild Perks

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nystridel

re: Raiding ret...

Eh, i am not quite sure what to say but here i go.... as of last night i decided to try gear up for raiding ret. I'm not quite sure how its gunna go but i just wanna know what you guys think about it.

The Goods of rets:

* Extra set of Blessings
* Sub par dps( A ret pallie dps evolves around enhanc shammies. We generate additional attack for about 3-4k while rogues do it for ~1k... although rogues generate more attacks it still dosnt make up for the 3-4k a ret pallie would hit.
* A Whoa 3 percent crit(:P)
* Mana/health return from judgments by the pprot/holy pallies. Ths returns mana and health to entire raid, not just the party. Only happens every 6 seconds
* another lay on hands
* those tiny pinch heals.
* We can be put in melee group and a prot pallies group for the threat (melee group( seems better)

The bads:
* we have a less dps then shammies
* mana is not there all the time
* we steal warr dps gear
* some other crap i prob dno about

Just wanna know what you would think about it and once i gear myself up would you be welling to try letting me raid the higher end raids?

I would have no problem having a ret paladin go with us on raids. They dont do terribad dps and they compliment well with pally tanks. The only thing is, is that we would need you to raid constantly with us. We need to have more people that want to raid. Right now we have a lot of healers, but to be honest some of them are undergeared, and others just need to learn how to play their class a little more. When we have to bring in though, Red's healer or Hyde's pally that means there werent enough healers on or wanting to go. And this happens too much. So i mean yea we want more healers, but pallies are essential to a raid for their buffs mainly. Salv and kings are HUGE.
If it will cause you to want to raid more then i personally say go for it. But, what if there is a night where we are short of one healer..... and you are on. Would you respec for us and do it? this might happen a few times to be honest. Thats the problem about picking your spec. I know that holy pallies are the most dull class to play, spam two keys and hey im awesome! But still there are those nights where we are short of geared healers. If you werent willing to respec for that night im definitely sure it would anger some people because they know you have that gear and they know that you played holy as a main spec before.

But honestly, yes honestly, this is a game, if playing ret revamps your interest in wow then do it. I have been growing more and more bored of wow, mainly because i play one class and have been frost for a long while. I also grow bored because we havent had the opportunity to get into new content in BT, but i would rather have arch and kael on farm b/f we advance in BT. But again do what will make you want to raid, and when you get the gear, be at the fights that you dont even need gear on. Darkbahamut has spoken.
Isasuke
In-Game Rank 4

Im not going to say anything about this because i Dont want to be worked up on vacation.... And Rouges will kill u anyday of the week If there good.

VOTE FOR OLARN
Kohlio10

re: Pally's lol.

I like pally's a lot, but I have never raided with an amazing ret one. I mean if you can pull it off with gear and what not then do it. Just dont expect to be top dps. But your buffs, and your presence will help with mana, and having a pally around period is always good for a raid.

No one said anything about out dpsn' rogues........ The thing about WF was just saying why it would make more sense go rogue/rogue/ret/warr/enhanc shammie in the melee dps group and put hunter/hunter/enhanc/rogue/ feral druid in an odd group for the GoA

With badge gear it wont take long to gear up... just need hit 30 crit 200 haste -.-

As i haven't really been active lately i don't know whats been going on but i know the last time i was active korkee was raiding with his pally as ret and seemed to be doing ok. Now that you guys are at harder content i don't know if that continued or not but it seems to me he would be the best guy to talk to about this subject and even if the dps is lower then some others the benefits with buffs, a extra person to pick up a heal here and there in emergencies and any other benefit that could be thought of to having another pally around could apply as a benefit to having a ret in the group.

Nystridel

I've actually went to other servers and ask guys about them raiding ret... such as slayton from vis [somthing] on bonechewer..... and have been to more then enough sites about ret paladins[cromfel, retribution, elitistjerks]. Peeps need to understand its not completely about the dps.....

I've always loved retadins, but it's hard to find good rets for anything (pvp/pve). I've watched several videoes showing what you guys are capablle of dps wise and if you could be that good, i would honestly,yes honestly, fear for my spot in dps. I know they are capapbale of nasty crits and huge dmg. Pallies are always nice to have in raids. Me like might!!

re: Raiding Ret

Considering I think I'm the only person who's ever raided as ret and done it with any success I can tell you that unless you pay 100% attention and learn how to seal twist at the right times you are going to be terrible. I managed my way into top3-5 dps most of the time without windfury ( Which is the only reason to have 2h people in the raid ) but it's not easy. Tons of Paladins want to go ret because they think it takes the pressure off and nobody expects much from them. If you plan to raid ret you need to have 33% crit or higher and 2300 AP self buffed to expect much out of it. It's not hard to hit the stat requirements but as I said before don't be another lazy bitch ret pally giving us all bad names.

>Kaezon<

PS Hope to see you soon and hope you make it into the 10% of Rets that get invited back to raids.
Nystridel

Seal twisting really isnt that hard........

30 crit is more then enough and 1800-1900 ap unbuffed is enough to start raiding. I need stack haste get a good swing timer. Right now my gear is Shity as fuck. How ever i did a Pug Vr and got in melee group i was avg at 1k dps.

Jump to: