Site Inactive
Facebook
Membership
Guild Perks

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darkbahamut

re: Noobs, raids, DoG O my!

Ok right now i feel that I have been pretty much useless to the guild and I keep asking how I can help out but noone answers. So if anyone has suggestions about ways and things that would help the guild then im willing to help. I am an Herbalist/Tailor so anytime you guys need something from those profs just let me know.

Second, as of now, my dps has been nothing special and it has really given a blow to my morale, so im trying to make the transition to fire since it is the dps spec for mages. I feel that i need advice with so many things b/c i have felt so noobish and my gameplay has showed it too. I would appreciate if someone could be my "mentor" in the arts of a mage and a WoWer in general. I have leaned on Yongary for awhile as a teacher for WoW but he does not have a mage and is limited to certain knowledges that i seek. So please if anyone has any advice for me that would be great.

Raids, the bread and butter of WoW for DoG, I want to get more involved in them and want to also learn more about them and strategies about fights and such. I want to be a potential person who would be able to lead a raid b/c i would know what im doing. Ive done kara plenty of times now and I still have much to learn about it. I am yet still a student to WoW and need guidance for it(nerdish i know). When i hear people talk about macros, boss fight strategies and such, i usually have no clue what its about. I feel that I am not truly skilled enough to be a healer or tank in the guild for raids b/c i just dont have that potential. So i must work on my dps and yet i still suck at that. Mages are supposed to be one of the best dps classes in the game only under ele shamans if not better, yet my dps seems to falter to nearly everyone. I do really well in 5-mans but that is not my goal and i want to be an adamant raider who can be depended on for success and it seems that i am completely lost in the matter.

So once i again it seems that I need help(a lot of it at that) and if anyone has ANY advice that they would like to give me i would appreciate it. I am very open to criticism and be as harsh and blunt as you like, because i'm a man and i can take it.
P.S. Matty i think i beat your novel of a post Happy
The True Telarien

I cant mentor you much on how to be a better Mage, so I will leave that to someone else. My only advice on that topic would be a website I use for my DPS gear. It has a section designed specifically for Fire Mages and heres a link right to it :-)

http://www.maxdps.com/mage/fire.php

As for other ways to contribute to the guild, I would be happy to turn any of your herbs into useful pots to fill up the guildbank :-) I used to be herbs/alch until I realized how much better I could be with tailoring. I dropped Herbalism for tailoring >.< (killed my alchemy career but i had almost all of the available pots and couldnt let go of it).
Yongary/Dilemmachine
In-Game Rank 3

now you can complain all you want about kara's dagger, but the best thing you could do right now is get a new damn weapon. you can't just expect a drop from a raid to fall right in your hands all the time. pvp can be really painful...especially on your computer...but it's doable, and with av, you can definitely get by without playing too often there. sure, the dagger's nice, but a pvp staff/dagger is very close to it. call me out on 'taking the dagger away' from you that one time, but i had my reasons, and i don't regret it at all.

i still wear like 4 pcs of pvp gear for pve stuff on my lock...and i'm pretty high up on the charts in a spec that shouldn't be that overpowering of other guys. frost guys can still do dmg, but it seems the quickest way you're gonna be able to get your fire set is to pvp it up. there's my two cents anyways.
The True Telarien

If you got mats, I can make the spellstrike pants for ya!
lazaruss

For a mage's raid spec im a pretty big fan of 10/48/3. It seems to be a pretty high dps spec. Your biggest problem will always be your frame rates though, if you have lag or your frame rate is lacking usually it slows your dps down a little due to commands getting there late. All you can do as a mage is get the best gear you can and then pound away at the raid targets. It is hard to switch specs from frost to fire when you dont have all the pieces to do it. As yon said there are some good pvp upgrades that you could use. The other thing that i think you are doing that more people need to do is to constantly run heroics. The new badge stuff is some of the best in the game. Even our most geared players in the guild will be picking up a few pieces as soon as it is available.

You are doing great getting yourself ready for the raids, your few problems see are this.

1) lack of ability to be on late on weekdays, which you can;t really control. With the 25 man raids on weekends it means you usually have to further your gear un your own, which is time consuming but rewarding.

2) Your computer, another thing that i dont think you can do anything about. As fights get more and more complicated you will have to be moving around more as the fight goes on, if your compouter cant keep up with it your dps will struggle since you will have a harder time moving around.

To me it seems like you are doing most of what you can do, but there is always room for improvement.
Darkbahamut

I would absolutely love to do heroics more, but i ask everyday and get no response. I even try to pug groups and cant seem to find one. I know that i shouldnt keep hoping for a new weapon in raids, but that caster blade that is coming out in the patch is very nice and i can make up for the lost crit and/or hit so im trying to get that. As of right now I only have about 80 badges so im a long way from getting all the stuff i need from the patch. I have been trying to plan out how im going to get my frostweave set replaced actually but i have to wait for the patch. I will try adamantly to get that robe out of Magister's Terrace on heroic, caster blade from badges, boots from badges, and i have a pair of shoulders for an offset for the moment. The only option for me on shoulders is pvp or raids. So anytime i would love to do heroics for badges, i prefer Mech, Coilfang instances, MT and so on, but noone ever seems to want to go w/ me so sadly i cant one man a heroic. I really am trying to sort things out and prepare for a fire set. Thx for the offer on spellstrike set tel but i have the Trial fire pants which i like a lot and i have the pvp head piece so really i need to replace my shoulders, chest, and boots.
Vituperate

Dark, talk to me in game on Salamand or Koesoro when we aren't in a raid and we can sit down and figure out little things here and there that you can do to improve playstyle/gear/ability to rape face ^_^.
redneckloger
In-Game Rank 2

i would be happy to get ya in on one of my ardena teams... they suck so i dont expect anything from you other then to get some games in
Korkee

re: Not a fire mage,

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/mage/talents.html?2502050010030000000000050500201230333005312500000000000000000000000

I dunno if this is considered deep fire, but it looks pretty good to me. Has a little AoE utility, extra armor in case you're caught between iceblocks and WANDAGE in case you get mana drained and are between mana gems / pots.

I'd like to know what ppl think of this myself since I never bother to look at mage specs.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DoG Forum Index -> Raids All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: