Site Inactive
Facebook
Membership
Guild Perks

View previous topic :: View next topic  
slay13
In-Game Rank 0

re: Welcome to the jungle!!

Well done last night all. With a bang we've moved onward and upward to working thee 25man Kittyclasm content by downing 5 bosses in 25 on our first evening in both blackwing descent and throne of the four winds.

Good job to all DoGgies involved, as well as congratulations to the lucky tards whom recieved loots.

That being said, there are a few things to talk about and keep in mind. The first of which is that we will be going back to using our EPGP system from wrath, as I feel this has been the most successful system we have tried as a guild.

We will be discussing what changes and rules to implement as far as this, what point assignment will be, as well as standby points as well for those who are online for the majority of raid and do not get a spot.

Also please remember that as though we have done 25's in the past, for years for many, this xpac has brought with it some changes as well as added baggage for doing 25 man raids. Mainly the fact that 25's...for the most part...are optional.

This to me and for many involved means that it is essential that all 25 keep as sharp, informed, and prepared as possible before and during the raids. Previously there has always been the 25 man loot "carrot" to keep all those involved in the 25's there for the long haul...now in kittyclasm the loot line is substantially blurred, as the same loot drops in all normal instances of each raid.

This being said...we all need to ...

*read up & research all farm and NONfarm fights. The pre fight explanation that I give should never be your first exposure to any fight. Read up and watch videos where required...or ASK those that know what the hell is going on before the raid.

*be on time (or as on time as we can be) for our raids. For the most part we start raid invites at 9:30 server..please be there or be square. I have and will keep holding raid spots for raiders that ask me who I know will be a tiny bit late (IE 10PM server), but if that is the case it is always up to you to let me or an officer know.

*be prepared for raids, this always includes being repaired, having money for subsequent repairs..and having all the best food and flasks available to you for the evening. Please also be kind and do this before raid..as it can often be difficult for alchemists/chef's/JC's/Enchanters to deal with their own raid prep while taking orders from a dozen people.

*if you have to leave early (early being <midnight), then please let us know ahead of time. I have always tried to be fair with good raiders and good people when they are honest with their availability and will try to work with them...but the fact of the matter is that guys who bail from raid with no heads up are generally the first to be clipped from the roster or overlooked when we have cuts to make before invites.

And with that....I give you..TACOS!!

Forum Image

In-Game Rank 1

I love the Lettuce and tomato backdrop!

re: Re: Welcome to the jungle!!

slay13 wrote:
*snip* Previously there has always been the 25 man loot "carrot" to keep all those involved in the 25's there for the long haul...now in kittyclasm the loot line is substantially blurred, as the same loot drops in all normal instances of each raid. *snip*

True story. While this means that, to the individual raider, it doesn't matter if they do 10 or 25 man raids (with or without the guild), since their drops can come from either, however, doing a 25 man DOES drop more loot, which benefits the guild as a whole, and makes us stronger as a group. And that's on top of the extra 20 valor points/boss we get!

Those tacos look kinda gross. Too much green stuff in that picture.

the cheese looks like strips of playdoh

Heh I can finally use up all of those epgp pts from Wotlk that have been sitting there for like what? 4-5 months now?

Actually that is a good question. Are we intending to reset the EPGP or are we going to use the same numbers we had from ICC era? Most of the primary raiders have been on the progression raids so they're pretty well geared other than a few items here and there. A good portion of these players had high points at the end of the last xpac and they have earned them rightfully so, however there are a few newer members to the guild who have been pretty consistent but were not on the EPGP system when we stopped its use. So when the EPGP system is implemented again are we just going to compensate these players in order to keep the current standings or reset it entirely?

Also in the previous xpac we did not enforce EPGP for the 10 mans, but with the 10 and 25 mans being on par with each other for many fights and the loot drops from the same lists, will we be using that in the event that the 25 mans split into 10 mans? Granted I might be getting a bit ahead of myself but we will have to deal with this sometime in the future. And we're going to have to have a straight answer for when it happens.

I can't completely speak for Matty, but I do know for a fact that EPGP will be completely reset and everyone will have a fresh slate.

I'm pretty sure that we won't be using EPGP for 10 man, just for 25s, but it is something we can talk about.

The officers had been planning to reset EPGP for Cata since before launch.

I think Schiff may have a point with the equality of 10/25 loot that we should consider having some sort of effort reward for participating in 10mans (eg. EP).

and there's only 3 pieces of cheese on each taco! a sad day for tex-mex, indeed. could've at least offered some salsa.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DoG Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: