Site Inactive
Facebook
Membership
Guild Perks

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nephilyz

re: ICC 25 man and 10 man Progression!!!!!!

Okay guys, so, in 10 man, we're at the Lich King, and we need to establish a solid base to work together and finally kill that motherfucker. I'm calling all of you out, to go research your class/spec, and become the best that you can be. Due to the conflicting schedules that seem to plague our guild at the current time, replacements may be needed anynight of the week in our progression 10 man raid. All we need is one Lich King kill, and we can open up 10 man hardmodes, and gear us up better to progress in 25 man ICC. The time is now, step up, research your class, your spec, your rotation, we all have room for improvement, let's improve as a group, as a guild, better yet, as a family. It's no secret that we have the gear to push up to at least Blood Queen Lanithel in 25 man, but what's holding us back is that our dps is currently too low. We are only as good as our weakest dps. If you are an extraordinary dps, take time to pull a fellow guildie aside and talk to them to help find out what they're doing wrong, and what they can do to improve it. It's a huge battle ahead of us, we all have to be prepared. Spartans, tonight we dine in Hell!!!!!!!!!!
redneckloger
In-Game Rank 2

that sighn off was really gay;. but i like what ya said
nephilyz

Wasn't really a sign off, more like a battle cry, but yeah, kinda weak of me to quote a movie huh? Anyways, like I said, let's get our shit together guys. If you take the time to pull a DoG aside, and help them improve their spec, rotation, or what not, post it here, and have the person you helped out post as well. I'm gonna try to organize some kinda bonus EP to everyone that helps or is helped in regards to boosting their dps. And in addition, I'm sure Rednecklogers 100g challenge is still active as well.
Gracilis22
In-Game Rank 4

/agree with neph

Another issue that I believe matty voiced near the end of last week's raid is unfamiliarity with the progression encounter.

This problem actually may be part of or at least contributing to the DPS issue (as people not familiar with say 'combining oozes' may take longer to do it = time off boss = lower dps).

Granted Rotface is a tricky and very mechanic-centric fight, it has been obvious that many do not really understand how it works or should work. There will always be a learning curve with each boss, but 4 weeks or whatever it's been on rotface is kinda silly (eg. bad). As good at explaining things as matty can be, sometimes you just need to see a picture or watch a video.

Ways to fix this prob:

#1. Learn the fight mechanics, boss abilities, strategies before you get there.

Some suggested reading/watching:
http://www.bosskillers.com/
-pretty short, clear text explanations with good diagrams of all boss fights
-some decent videos
-better if you are a visual thinker

http://www.tankspot.com/
-click movies at top
-boss kill movies with audio commentary explaining fight/strat
-better if you're and auditory learner

#2. Practice in 10 man raids.

25man is not the place to learn or practice fight mechanics. You should do that in ICC10. Incoming damage is lower, dps reqs are lower, everything is easier and less hectic so you can focus on things like 'how do these slimes join?!?!?' Then when you get to 25man you're not having to worry about that.

In my opinion, anyone in the 25man raid should be running ICC10 weekly or at least every other week.

I'll be starting a regular ICC10 every tuesday immediately after the 25man to help with this (see other thread for details).

/end mini rant, sorry bout wall of text

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: